View Single Post
Old 18-03-2010, 11:54 PM

hi Gibb,

it's finished,

looks pretty neat eh?

yes I'm going to put it back on the road, I sent off for the log book but as it hasn't been on the road since befor 1983 the DVLA don't have it on record & I don't have the old log book so it's going to have to be re registered

which means I can't keep the origional reg number

there was an old tax disc in the boxes with the bits that would have done as proof that it is the right number but I didn't know I would need it so it got thrown away

now I have a load of paper work to fill out to send off for a dating cert to get an age related plate, then I have to figure out some way to get it to the dvla local office to get it inspected & as I dont drive myself I've got to find someone with a van or trailer who can take it there for me

it'll be staying in the workshop for a while yet though as the main perpose of getting it put back together was to get it out of the way so I would have space to strip the saracen down to replace the engine bearings & paint up all the rusty bits, without getting the parts of the two bikes all mixed up

but rest assured, the first thing I will be doing when it comes out of here is making a video of it running so you can all hear what it sounds like