Forums  

Go Back   Forums > D (18), The Lady's Powder Room & Fashion Boutique

Old 11-01-2021, 01:18 AM

“Let me know when you’re ready” I said as I watched his expression to what I was about to say next, “and I’ll come down with you, then you can show me where Sophia lives before you rush off to prepare our food.” Hugs had a smile running from one ear to the other. He didn’t need to say anything, his expression spoke volumes. I received a huge hug and numerous kisses, I think I made the right decision! Now I need to get dressed and don my padding, then face the daunting downward journey on my toboggan.

I opted to wear my light grey fleece jogging suit, under an old pair of jeans and the Grey Goose padded jacket, both items were on loan from Hugs, together with his Thinsulate hat and cycle helmet. I was placed, sort-of sitting on my transit board and wheeled out of the bedroom and along the landing, This bit I like, wish it was longer! Then I came to the first hurdle on the downward journey, the spiral staircase. I was ‘parked’ on the left hand side looking down the three stairs I would have to go down, up in the air. Hugs passed me on my right, then asked if I was ready. I nodded, not much more I could do as I was trying really hard not to panic! He pulled me forward a bit, readjusted my shins to protect my legs, feet and head. Satisfied with the new position of my limbs, placed his left arm around my shoulders and under my left armpit, his right took a new course, over my legs, then under my knees. “Whee” he said as I was lifted into the air, then forwards a bit and without any warning I was spinning around backwards, first I went up quite high, then down, somewhere in that brief manoeuvre I think I lost my stomach, I’ll ask Hugs to look for it later. Let me put it this way, I’m not feeling well! I’m sitting in my toboggan looking at this long, steep (45 degrees is steep to me) decline. Hugs returned with my webbing, safety harness and straps, which he proceeded to tie around me, and me to the toboggan. Within a few minutes we were ready, or rather he was ready, I just resigned myself to the inevitable. Seconds later I was at the bottom, in one piece and Hugs was soon there giving me a most welcomed kiss for being so brave, and another for being so calm and not panicking. I had quite a few more, reasons not stated, though most welcomed.

Once untied, I was placed in a seated position on my transit board and wheeled into the dining room. It’s been a few weeks since I was last here and it looks so different. My sofa has now gone, whether it’s gone from the room or from the house I don’t know yet. One of the two Ikea chairs is where my sofa was, there’s a space for the other, which I assume Hugs will bring down later. My next challenge is to get my excess clothing off and try to get comfy in the Ikea chair. Oh, I nearly forgot and get warm! Hugs came back after doing whatever it was he was doing with my toboggan and helped me extricate myself from the excess clothes, got me seated on the chair, then moved it and me to almost in front of the gas fire that he had left on for me. I was about five, maybe six feet away and even with the fire on low I could feel the warmth coming from it. This is very nice, I’m beginning to be thankful that I came down now. I’m on a slight angle, a little to my left is the fire, a little to my right is the window with the curtains closed except for the slight gap at the top, in front of and to its right is the tv on top of the entertainment centre. This houses the myriad of equipment that I find too daunting to operate without my notebook of instructions that Hugs helped me compile. If I look straight ahead I would be looking at the corner of one of the many cabinets this room seems to have, its contents, to me at least remains unknown. Whatever is in there doesn’t seem to get used often, in the eight or so months I have lived here, Hugs has never opened it, let alone taken anything out. There are three doors in this room all opening into it, behind me to my left is the door to the hall, in the same wall on my right, right at its end is the understairs cupboard and at ninety degrees to that is the door to the kitchen.

The problem with the doors being behind me is that I don’t know what Hugs is doing, what he is carrying or where he’s going with it. When I had my sofa, I would sit on the cushion nearest the fire with my legs on the other cushion, my right shoulder would be against the back and my back resting against the wing with my head in the angle formed by those two. Looking straight ahead I would be facing the hall door, a slight turn to the left I could see both the other doors. When I first came here and was laying on my bed thing that was against the wall between the hall and the usc door, I was facing the kitchen door so I had a good view of the activities in front and to my side, behind me my view was blocked if the hall door was open.

As Hugs busied himself doing whatever it was, on a couple of occasions when he passed behind me he would stop for a few moments and place his fingers of one hand on the top of my head then with his fingernails gently scratch my scalp through the hood, “Alright Gorgeous?” he’d ask. He had never scratched my scalp before, but I was really enjoying it! “Mmmm” I purred in answer. Then on his next visit he knelt in front of me. “What do you fancy eating tonight?” he asked “We’ve got some diced pork that I could cook with red kidney and broad beans and boiled rice or noodles if you’d prefer? It’s fairly quick and quite filling.” “That sounds really nice” I stated “especially with the rice, thank you Hugs.” He rose from in front of me, went across to my left, opened the right hand glass door of the cabinet to get his tablet, he switched it on as he came back beside me. We waited for a few moments while Google found the right page and displayed it. Hugs looked at intently, moved his fingers to expand the image, then scrolled up, down, left, right, but he couldn’t find where he was looking for. “That’s odd” he commented, “I’ll get the old road atlas, if I can remember where I saw it last. This could take a while, are you alright for now?” “Yes Hugs,” I replied “I’m fine.” Then I heard him go into the hall and up the stairs. Now what shall I do? I wondered, my entertainment has ceased. I couldn’t look at the tablet because I wasn’t told the place Hugs was looking for nor did I know where Sophia lived and whether that was the same place. What I did know was that it was close to a place called Watchett or something like that. Instead I began listening for any tell tale noises of where he might be and if he was on his way back down.

Eventually he returned with a large book in his hands, the pages were open and he appeared to be reading an index at its back. Then he muttered a code just loud enough for me to hear 06.07.43 which he kept repeating as he flipped through the pages until he came to the right one. Once it had been located Hugs went to get his magnifying glass so he could look at a wider area clearly. “We go to Taunton and turn onto the A358 then left onto B3224 then right onto an unclassified road after a few miles.” He informed me. This I must admit was really fascinating but I didn’t understand that much of it, only Taunton, left and right. I’m not sure if seeing the map would help that much. I was left alone again as Hugs went off to get our food prepared. After a short while curiosity got the better of me and I reached across to get the atlas that was put with the magnifier on the low cabinet. Luckily for me the magnifier was put between the correct pages. All I had to do was open the book, find page six which was on the left and locate Taunton. Not easy with a floppy book measuring about two feet across, when open and eighteen inches tall. Oh and the curtains were closed although the light was on, it wasn’t giving sufficient illumination even though I was almost sitting under it. Maybe it wasn’t on full. Hey ho! On the plus side I was getting quite warm even with the fire on low, almost to the point where I was considering taking something off, or at least undoing it. But first I’m determined to do battle with the unwieldy book and locate Taunton.

Hugs called me from the kitchen asking what time I wanted to eat. I instinctively looked up at the mantle for my clock which wasn’t there anymore as it had moved upstairs. I’m beginning to think this isn’t turning out to be one of my better days. I considered quickly how hungry I was, I thought I could probably last another hour if needed, “When were you thinking of?” I asked. “About half an hour” Hugs called from the kitchen “is that alright for you?” “Certainly” I replied, thankful that I wouldn’t have to wait the full hour. I eventually got my attention back to the hunt for Taunton on the map, which was progressing at the same speed as previously-slowly and unsuccessfully! The fact that we live near it doesn’t mean I know where to find it instantly on a map unlike Hugs who seems to know roughly where everywhere is. Then I had a thought, instead of hunting for an inland town, maybe if I looked for a coastal one I’d have more success. Hugs said it was close to Burnham where I spent my second beachday. So all I have to do is find the coastline, water is always coloured blue. How hard can it be I thought? I looked at the map, the answer to my question was quite hard, there’s an awful lot of blue with places all around it, any one of them could be Burnham.
Old 11-01-2021, 01:22 AM

After a short while one of my other brain cells woke up and presented me with an interesting solution. I had been to Weston, then Burnham and finally Weymouth, so all I had to do was keep those three in mind while I searched the coast. Surely I would find one of them...eventually. As I progressed with my coastal search, I noticed something I hadn’t seen before, or if I had I didn’t pay it any attention. Down the side of the page was a series of numbers each one by a line, the same applied to both the top and bottom. Hugs was reciting a series of numbers constantly while he searched for the place. Could that be significant? I wondered. Now can I remember the sequence, it began with 6 that could mean page six, which is what I’m looking at. The rest was like the display of my clock, a series of four numbers. I seem to remember it was like an early morning time, a time I try not to be awake for. I looked up at the round clock on the wall above the mantle shelf to see what came after six, it was either five or seven. Seven, I’m sure that’s it 06.07 would that be the side or the top. With the magnifier in my left hand I looked for the line numbered seven, there wasn’t one. Now I was puzzled, why would the publishers give a number that didn’t exist? This needs further investigation...Could the zero at the front be important? I looked down the page, there was a zero, almost at the bottom. I followed it across... the first town I came to was Honiton. I know that name, I’d seen when we were going to/coming back from Weymouth. The road to there went off to our right or left depending whether we were going there or coming home, but we carried straight on. So that must mean there is another zero line, maybe it’s not the left to right line but the top to bottom one. I looked across the top of the page. There was one here too. I was on the coast, I’d found Minehead. I looked a little further along to the right….and there it was Watchet. I was really close to screaming my delight at actually finding somewhere on the map when Hugs called from the kitchen that he’d be bringing our food in in a couple of minutes. I have resigned myself to the fact that there have been many momentous achievements in the life of Elina that pass unnoticed, unremembered and are easily forgotten about, even by me. Over dinner I’m going to tell Hugs about the map and finding Watchet. He’s always impressed with all my victories and I get rewarded with oodles of hugs and kisses!

The kitchen door opened and Hugs came in with two plates of hot food for us, then I had a shock. The small table was still upstairs which meant I would have to go to the dining table which is inconveniently situated as far away from the fire as it’s possible to be, it is close to the radiator except the heating isn’t on yet. I’m beginning to wonder if getting up and coming downstairs was one of my better decisions. Hugs placed the plates on the table, pulled out one of the high-backed dining chairs in readiness for my arrival, then came across to get me. I have the distinct impression that I’m not going to get out of this one. As Hugs came close I got ready to be lifted and transported to the table, about half way there I could just make out the aroma of the food waiting for us. Now I was definitely feeling hungry and eager to get to the table. Within a minute or so I was there and already enjoying my first mouthful of this delicious offering from Hugs. Between mouthfuls I told Hugs about my achievement with the map, at which point he dabbed his lips with the napkin, then reached across and kissed me on my forehead, “You’re getting very proficient with so many tasks” he stated with admiration, “especially as I hadn’t shown you what to do.” I raised both my hands above my head and waved them about for a few moments. Hugs looked at me quizzically, “I’m just seeing if my halo has arrived yet” I informed him with a huge smile. We continued to talk about this and that, everything and nothing. I was so pleased to be with him in close proximity again. After we had finished our meal I resumed my position on the Ikea chair and Hugs sat by me on the footstool. As we continued drinking our wine Hugs fired up the tablet, after a short while Google had found the website for the Augustus restaurant then together we scrolled through the images on the pages. It was just how he had described and now I was even more excited about going there on Tuesday evening.

Soon we found the menus and had a good read, the choice was very extensive on both the ‘set price’ and the ‘a la carte.’ I had the feeling that Hugs was going to have the same as he had with Sophia.

Almost at the same moment we looked at each other, I had something in mind that I was about to suggest. Hugs smiled at me “Do you fancy it?” he asked, then moved his gaze to the floor. I followed his gaze, turned back to look at him “Oh most definitely” I replied with relish. I believe we were both thinking the same thing. Hugs got up, went across to the usc and dived inside. Soon he returned and moving the footstool out of the way, then pushed the chair and me a little further away, laid one of the mattress toppers on the floor, folded it in half lengthways, carried me across to it where we both got horizontal. Oh such joy!! It was close to midnight when Hugs went upstairs to turn our electric blanket on so we’d have a nice warm bed to get into, if we ever make it there, that is.

At an unknown time somewhere during Sunday we awoke almost together, we were in bed but not the upstairs one, we didn’t make it there, we fell asleep on our makeshift one downstairs beside the fire. When we first got these mattress toppers I was not that keen on them, fearing that they would not provide us (well, me) with a reasonable nights sleep. I was proved wrong quite quickly, now I’m all in favour of them. “Morning Hugs,” I whispered seductively. “Happy birthday” I was hoping I could get my kiss in first as the small stream of daylight lit my way. “Morning Gorg” was all he could manage before my lips touched his. This could be a good day for me, my first achievement so soon after waking up! “Thank you sweetheart” hugs continued when our lips parted. “Thank me for what?” I asked. “Thank you for wishing me a happy birthday” Hugs explained “and for giving me a wonderful birthday kiss.” “You’re most welcome” I replied “my dear darling Hugs.” I wasn’t exactly sure what if anything Hugs had planned for us today, but right now I had something in mind and I was going to act on it. Firstly for my idea to work I had to somehow get him from his right side to laying on his back, this is going to take so doing...eventually I succeeded, though I’m not entirely sure how I managed it. Slowly and very carefully I moved a little to get into a better position for my idea to work, I was conscious that Hugs may sense something was afoot and move. I rested for a short time to make him think I was just getting comfortable again. Then, when I thought it was almost time I got into position. With the speed and grace of a gazelle I launched myself into the air, span around, parted my legs in readiness, then landed. My knees were almost beside his, his legs were between mine, my chest was against his, my arms were against his shoulders and my mouth was within touching distance of his. “Gotcha! You’re not getting up ‘till I say you can” I cried as I brought my lips to his and we started kissing again. His arms just wrapped around me and squeezed, I wondered in that moment who was really the captive. I cannot say with any certainty what time we actually got up, looking at the clock was definitely not high on my list of things to do. I’m not too sure how long I was able to keep Hugs captive for, certainly quite a while and I enjoyed every moment of it, I’m fairly sure he did too, only another three hundred and sixty something days before I can do it again. Sometime today I will get totally pampered by Hugs. He’s going to help me wash, dry, apply my talc, and redo my make-up.
Old 11-01-2021, 01:31 AM

Tuesday December 3rd began at its usual time in its usual way, it had been in existence for quite a few hours before I awoke to greet it. Next to me in bed in our bedroom Hugs was still several fathoms below the surface. Knowing that we were going to be very busy today I chose the less energetic option, snuggle back down against Hugs and go to sleep until I feel him waking. I have to wash my hands, arms, face and neck including my shoulders and refresh some of my make-up, like lippy, eye shadow and teeth whitener. Once it has been applied and has dried I cannot kiss Hugs at all and neither he me. It is soooo frustrating, but I really do want to look my best for tonight. I’m going to wear a long black dress with mesh inserts at the back and front that extend from the neckline which has a diamonte band around, to the waist in a sort of triangular shape, totally see through. I shall have to be extremely careful when I bend over because anyone looking will be able to see my chesticles in their entirety. Under it I’m going to wear my thermal tights with integral body stocking that I shall turn down and use as an underskirt. Black faux suede with glitter or sparkly bits, peep-toe court shoes (I’ll ask Hugs if he’ll take a photo of them for you to see).

Although it’s technically winter I’m going to wear my autumn hair style, brown with auburn highlights. But right now I’m going to snuggle up against Hugs, close my eyes and hopefully go back to sleep.

Hugs woke first, I know this because I was awoken by him caressing my body and kissing my lips which is a really lovely way to be woken up. I can thoroughly recommend it! “Morning Gorgeous” Hugs said a few moments after I had briefly opened my eyes, how he could tell is beyond me, as we were in total darkness. “Morning Hugs” I replied as I tried desperately to get all my senses functioning simultaneously as quickly as possible. “We’ve got a busy day ahead of us” Hugs stated, “we really must get up fairly soon, it’s twelve fifteen now, that only gives us six hours before we must leave.” “OK Hugs” I replied “I’m almost fully functioning.” After about ten minutes of cuddle time Hugs got up to make his brew, leaving me in bed until his return, accepting that then I must leave my warm and cosy cocoon. That gives me about five more minutes to bask in its warmth. Before he left the bedroom he switched on the ceiling light then bent down and switched on the convector heater, “A little extra warmth never did any harm.” he told me as he went through the doorway and closed the door behind him.

All too soon Hugs was back with his mug of coffee that he placed on his bedside cabinet, I began to rise from my cosy position in the cocoon “Be back in a moment sweetheart.” he informed me, then turned and disappeared back through the door, closing it again. I resumed my former position. Moments later he brought in my toboggan and placed it a few feet away from the heater, folded my two bath towels and laid them in the bottom ready for me. He took a sip of coffee, smiled at me, I began my ascent, then he disappeared again without a word! Needless to say I sunk back to where it was warm and cosy. When Hugs returned he was carrying a bowl of warm water, shower gel, my two face cloths and two of my hand towels. Soon after my arrival Hugs bought me my very own towel bale, consisting of four face cloths, four hand towels, two bath towels and two bath sheets all in Egyptian Cotton, which he told me was considered to be the best. The arrival of these signalled to me that my time in my cocoon was coming to an abrupt end. Satisfied that everything was laid out conveniently he turned and approached me “Are you ready sweetheart?” he asked “Don’t want to let the water get cold.” I began to raise myself from the warmth of my cocoon for the umpteenth and now final time. Hugs reached across and swiftly, too swiftly in my opinion, flicked the quilt and top sheet right off both me and the bed. He helped me sit on the side of the bed where he assisted in removing my pyjamas then my nightdress. I was lifted over to my toboggan where I was positioned sitting on my bath towels. One of my hand towels was placed over my thighs and rose almost to my waist to catch any stray drops of water. One of my face cloths was placed in the bowl of water, removed and the excess water wrung out. Hugs then used this to dampen my skin on my head, face and neck. He then put a squirt of the shower gel into his left hand, with his right he picked up the damp face cloth and rubbed the shower gel into it. It then found its way to me, starting with my head then my face followed by my neck. When he was satisfied came the part I was really looking forward to, Hugs placed both his hands into the water then beginning with my head he massaged the parts of me that he had previously covered with the shower gel. With the other face cloth now finishing its time in the water, it was removed and my rinsing began. Then the whole cycle began again for my shoulders and arms. Once this was completed, the bowl of water was placed on the hand towel on my thighs which allowed me to put my hands in it to soak, while Hugs began drying me. He then placed one of my bath sheets over my shoulders to keep me warm (my view) to assist in my drying (his view). When all this was completed and I was totally dry, it was time for me to be covered in baby powder and this to be rubbed into my skin. As this is a very intimate and pleasurable time for both of us, I’m not going to disclose here what occurs.

By about fifteen hundred I was clean, dry, powdered, casually dressed and sitting on a chair downstairs in the dining room. Then Hugs set about doing my make-up for tonight. He started with my eyebrows, then my eye shadow, first the top then the bottom. Next came the powder for my face, then the blusher for my cheeks, followed by a sort of ‘glaze’ that gives my cheeks a healthy sheen. Finally came my lippy, first my bottom lip then my top and now I’m waiting for it to dry. Oh, I’m also bored! Hugs has left me to take my towels and washing equipment to various places in the house, and I forgot to ask him to hand me Lorna Doone. From where I am sitting I can see it, but cannot reach it, it’s just so frustrating. RrrAhhhhhhhhhhh! After about fifteen long, boring minutes Hugs came back to me and kissed me on my scalp, which made me feel just a little better. We chatted for quite a while about nothing in particular, which made me feel happier again. Very soon, or so it seemed, it was time for me to get changed into the clothes I was planning on wearing tonight. Luckily Hugs was on hand to ensure nothing came into contact with my face that would ruin my make up. By eighteen fifteen I was ready and eager to go, but couldn’t, as now I was having to wait for Hugs! By eighteen twenty he had arrived looking quite smart in a casual way, he was wearing a dark blue cord jacket over a light blue stripped shirt, blue cord jeans, blue stripped socks and a pair of blue nubuk leather ‘toe-cap’ shoes. In the glovebox of the car he was going to put his light blue tie, as he says “Just in case.”

We were very close to leaving, Hugs had gone down the hall, opened the inner (vestibule) door and then the front door, he walked out onto the front garden and reached the gate, then had a shock our car wasn’t there. Panic was less than a second away from settling in when he remembered. The last time he had used the car he was unable to park outside our house, or indeed anywhere in our road. He had to park in the Outer Hebrides, which, as I understand it, is an area quite a few roads away from our house. As I continued sitting on the chair bookless, he went off to find and bring back our car. This, I fear, could take a while especially if he can’t remember exactly where in the Outer Hebrides he parked it. Oh well, Hey ho!

I’m looking out the window and waiting...

five minutes later I put on my jacket…

another five minutes later I put on my hat, coat and scarf, then
grabbed my bag and gloves, it won’t be my fault if we’re late!

A few minutes later Hugs returned with the car and at last our evening out could begin. When we got to the front door I suggested that we should really take a brolly, Hugs agreed and removed the small one from its hook, he then helped me get into the car that was parked in the middle of the road. Once I was settled he secured my seatbelt for me, closed my door then came around to his side and got in. “Ready then sweetheart?” he asked “Of course” I replied. He pressed the starter button and the engine purred into life.

We're off

As we went down our road I took off my hat and scarf, undid the top two buttons of my coat and opened the high collar. I sank back into the seat and placed my head against the rest. Unknown music performed by an unknown band from an unknown era was playing on the radio. The announcer informed us that we were listening to a station called Breeze. We were part the way through a programme playing the greatest hits of the 1950s to the 1980s. As I listened I found that I quite liked it. This, I thought, was not only going to make the journey enjoyable, I was going to improve my musical knowledge as well. The Elina Music Educational Road Trip begins!
Old 11-01-2021, 01:36 AM

Hugs had allowed an hour for getting into Taunton, parking and walking to the restaurant when he went to meet Sophia. I’m not sure whether he has had to reserve a table for us or not, but he has allowed us an hour to complete the journey. This should be ample as the traffic will be lighter and now he knows exactly where Augustus is and where he can park. Of course when he went before he didn’t have me to slow him down. Quite soon we were in Taunton and we eventually pulled into a parking spot that Hugs said was quite close to Augustus. He was right. In just a few minutes, if that, we walked from the car, went around a corner and there it was. We went inside, it was warm, cosy, though in my opinion, a little too brightly lit. We found a vacant table for two bordering the inside/outside line. A couple of steps further we would be outside in a glass rectangle, the same number of steps back and we’d be in the main building. Where we were gave us the best of both worlds, looking out we could see people passing by, some walked on while others glanced in. Looking inside we had the cosiness of the old building. You’ll be pleased to know that I’m not going to bore you with every detail about what we had to eat. Suffice to say we are now both well and truly stuffed, the food was absolutely delicious and we will, I’m sure, be making return journeys here quite often. All Hugs has to do now is get us home safely, at least I can go to sleep.

We arrived back about twenty-two thirty, pulled into our road and stopped. We both looked along each side of the road, there were no spaces anywhere. Hugs drove down to our house and stopped outside, again in the middle of the road. “Ready darling” he asked “got your bits?” “Yes” I replied “think so.” Hugs opened his door which let in a force ten gale of cold air, something I wasn’t expecting. He got out, came around to my side, and completely ignored me as he went to open the front door. As he turned and came back I wondered if it was going to be my turn now. He opened my door, released my seat belt and helped me out of the car and into our house. He assisted with the removal of my hat, scarf, coat and jacket, then placed me back on the chair I was on only a few hours ago. With my make up having done what it was needed to do, Hugs bent down and sought out my lips ready for kissing, which he did, only briefly. It was over before I had chance to reciprocate. “More when I come back” I was informed “shouldn’t be too long, can’t stay, blocking the road.” “OK Hugs, see you soon.” I heard the front door shut and imagined Hugs driving off to the Outer Hebrides again in the search of a parking space. I wondered if the space he vacated earlier would still be there waiting for his return.

Hugs returned after twenty minutes or so, looking rather tired. We had a couple of glasses of wine then decided that going up stairs, even if not to bed right away, would be an excellent idea so I had to don all my protective clothes after I’d removed these. Luckily for me Hugs was on hand to assist.

Very quickly I was ready for my toboggan stair ride. I was secured in place and my journey began, it was not as smooth or as rapid as other times. My poor darling Hugs must be really tired, I thought, added to that maybe I’ve gained a few extra kilos with all that I had eaten tonight. Does alcohol (wine) weigh anything when it’s been consumed? I’ve had just over half a bottle. Slowly I ascended the stairs...eventually I reached the top of the main flight with just the spiral to go. Hugs bent down and released my harness and untied the webbing. I was prepared for my airborne manoeuvre. “Hang on a mo’ darling” he said “need to get my breath back.” I didn’t know quite what to say, so I settled with “Certainly Hugs, take all the time you need, no rush.” Then he did something he has never done before, he sat on the floor beside me and took my right hand in his left and said absolutely nothing. He didn’t need to, that gesture said it all. After a few minutes had passed Hugs took his hand back, smiled at me “I’m ready now, are you?” he asked as he rose from the floor. “Yes, if you’re sure” I replied as light hearted as I could. Hugs got me in position, put his arms around me in the usual way and then...I was airborne going backwards in a rising arc. Then I was slowly lowered onto my transit board all completely safe and without injury. If I still had my wig on I don’t think even a hair would have moved out of place.

I was wheeled into the bedroom backwards. Hugs put the light on, bent down picked me up again and asked if I would sit for a few moments on the Ikea foot stool, I agreed. Then he went over to our bed and switched on the electric blanket. He went back downstairs to switch off the lights and collect the one pint milk container that’s holding the other half bottle of wine and our glasses. Upon his return he poured us both a glass of wine. He bent down again, picked me up in his arms, sat on the Ikea chair and placed me sitting crosswise on his lap. I automatically placed my right side against his chest, my head was against his shoulder and my forehead went against his neck. His left arm was around my back his left hand was on my waist left side, my left hand was on his right shoulder. Within seconds, it seemed, I felt total contentment and I think so did Hugs, his breathing became shallower and shallower, I’m sure he was close to falling asleep and, truth be told so was I.

It was 00.4something when I carefully opened my eyes and squinted at the clock on my bedside cabinet. I looked at Hugs, his eyes were closed and his breathing soft. My mind was on that nice warm bed that was in my eyeline. Much as I love being on his lap, it is something that doesn’t happen very often which makes when it does something really special. A bit like the first time we slept together and that occurred after I had put my head on his shoulder and my forehead against his neck. I had a problem, I wanted to go to bed over there, but I also wanted to stay here on and against Hugs. I think I’ll just close my eyes and ponder this for a bit longer…

There was something in my mind that didn’t quite make sense. I was using a pneumatic drill to make a hole in a volcano as it erupted. Try as I might I just couldn’t get to grips with this. I looked around, I couldn’t see Hugs anywhere, I had no idea where he was or in fact where I was or why I was drilling a hole. Moments later the volcano really shook, so much so I almost fell over and rolled down it. I think it may have been this that made what happened next happen. I opened my eyes. My left hand was on the pneumatic drill and I was laying on the volcano. Hugs was in the midst of a coughing fit that had woken him up and he joined me in the land of the rudely awakened. Together we made a decision, we headed for that nice warm bed. Hugs helped me take off the protective clothing, get my pyjamas on and put me to bed, moments later his clothes were off and he was in bed with me. We curled up together, me in his arms, him under my right. Literally seconds later we were both sound asleep.

I believe it was still Wednesday when I surfaced, though what part I’m not really sure. I took a risk and raised my head just high enough to see over Hugs and look at my clock. I slowly opened my eyes a fraction at a time until I could just make out the numerals, it looked like 12:47. I closed my eyes again and gently lowered my body back to where it was and snuggled into Hugs. It wasn’t long before I was sound asleep again. Hugs stirred against me a few times then settled down again. The last time was a few seconds ago that one woke me up and I sensed he is about to wake up...I had to wait for a few seconds, certainly less than a minute… “Hi Gorgeous” he said rather groggily as he moved his head in my direction. “Hi Hugs” I replied breezily as I moved my head towards where I thought his voice was coming from. Our lips made contact and we kissed, “Is there anything (kiss) specific you want (kiss) to do today?” (kiss) Hugs asked me “No (kiss) why? (kiss) Did you (kiss) have something (kiss) in mind?” (kiss) “I thought we’d just (kiss) stay in bed. (kiss) Unless you want (kiss) to get up?” (kiss) “No Hugs (kiss) I’m quite happy (kiss) staying here.” (kiss) “Somehow I thought (kiss) you’d say that.” (lots more kisses). We stayed in bed together for the rest of Wednesday and most of Thursday apart from Hugs who needed the occasional bathroom visit.

Friday, December 6th. We got up (or rather Hugs did, I didn’t) around 13:00 when Hugs went to the kitchen for his brew and to see what he could get us for lunch, though technically I suppose breakfast would be the correct term, however I think I’ll use the same descriptive as Hugs, ‘munchies.’ He returned to our bedroom with his coffee, sat in the edge of the bed looking at me, or rather what little of me was just visible and informed me that I had a choice of three things to choose from. Fish, another type of fish or crispy spring rolls filled with shredded duck, carrot strips and spring onions. I had to think about this very carefully, pick the wrong one I will have to get up and either go to the small table here or downstairs to the big one. Here is nearer but incredibly cold, downstairs is/will be warm and cosy, but to get there I have to do the toboggan stair ride.
Old 11-01-2021, 01:39 AM

Oh, decisions, decisions. From under the quilt where it was deliciously warm and cosy I asked, “Do I have to choose right now, Hugs?” hoping that I didn’t and could spend more time thinking it over. “No, of course not darling,” Hugs explained “I was thinking that we could eat somewhere between fifteen to seventeen hundred. Provided you make a choice by say fourteen thirty. Is that OK with you?” I replied “Yes Hugs, that’s fine.” I felt movement on the bed and then Hugs kissed the top of my head, my only exposed area. “Darling, your head is freezing!” Hugs exclaimed “Why didn’t you say?” before I had a chance to answer two things happened. He pulled the sheet and quilt over the top of my head, then finding a way under it without letting in any cold air, placed his warm hand on my cold extremity to warm it for me.

After a while the top of my head began to thaw out, I could sense the warmth from his hand going down from the top of my head to the tips of my toes.Whether this was actually happening or not didn’t matter the fact that I sensed it, did. Then hugs did something I wasn’t expecting. He removed his hand, then moments later the quilt was lifted and a naked Hugs got in beside me, manoeuvred himself so that his chest was in about the same place as my head. Put his arms around me, holding me close and bent himself over so that the top of my head was against his chest. “Soon get you warm my darling” he muttered almost to himself. I gave a little shiver, not from the cold but from delight. Delight that Hugs loves and cares for me so much that he would risk getting cold himself to ensure that I get warm. After some considerable time Hugs released my head, covered it again with the quilt making the top of the cocoon, then slid down into bed beside me and put his arms around me holding me close. Needless to say a lot of kissing was done, periodically he would put his hand on the top of my head to check if it was still warm.

It must have been around sixteen thirty, maybe even later, before Hugs suggested getting up again. This created a dilemma in my mind, I hadn’t yet decided which of the three options I wanted, but now we are approaching dinner time would the choice be the same or different? “Hugs, darling,” I began “as its close to dinner time, what are the plans for food, will it be fish, fish or crispy spring rolls or are you planning on something else, another multiple choice perhaps?” “Elina my darling, I’ve only just got out of bed, I haven’t giv… You haven’t made the first one yet have you? You were trying to work out where you were going to eat each one before deciding...and you thought if I give you more options maybe you could find one that you can eat in bed! Right? It’s no good denying it sweetheart I know how your mind works. So?” “My dear darling Hugs” I commenced “you are perfectly right, I haven’t decided and it was for the reason you said. However, as the time has moved on and considering the fact that we have to be up very early tomorrow, simplicity would be prudent, don’t you think?” Quite early on I learnt the art of structured reasoned arguments from Hugs. “Indeed Elina, I must confess you have made a valid point. So something that you can eat in bed is what it shall be. I’ll have to check our stock holding for such items.” He came over to me and through the small ‘peep hole’ in my cocoon he managed to give me a kiss. “Back soon Gorgeous” he said as he went out through the doorway.

Needless to say I didn’t move very far from my current position, I was warm and snug, even without Hugs beside me. Though if he was…. In my mind a considerable time had passed between Hugs leaving and his return. “C’mon Gorgeous,” Hugs said as he approached the bed and me “time to show yourself, food’s here.” I opened my eyes just enough to see out of my peephole. I could see the lower part of Hugs, in particular his hands. All he was holding was one of my hand towels. OK, I thought, where’s the food then? Then it became apparent, I had to get upish to see what I’ve been given, besides a towel that is. I moved my right hand to the top of the quilt, wriggled my fingers out from the warmth under the quilt into the bitterly cold air that is our bedroom. The temptation to bring my hand back into the warmth of its previous position was immense. But if I did I’d still be hungry, so I left it where it was for a moment while I got enough courage for what was going to happen next. With determined effort I pushed the quilt down over my body to my waist and sat up, wriggled myself backwards towards the headboard and began shivering! The whole operation took a few milliseconds, almost as soon as I reached the headboard Hugs was there with a beautifully warmed dressing gown that he wrapped around me, then brought the quilt up over my shoulders. In less than ten seconds I had thawed out and started getting warm again. Hugs put his hand under the quilt by my chin and placed the top edge of the hand towel there. He then unrolled it down over the quilt, obviously to catch any spillage of well something as yet unknown. Hugs then brought across a blue plastic tray that he placed on my lap, next came a knife and fork followed by a plate of something I had never seen before. Hugs must have read my expression, “This is a de-constructed Toad-in-the-Hole,” hugs explained what was on my plate “you have two sausages that I’ve cut up for you, this is a batter with sliced fried mushrooms inside, those are sliced green beans and broad beans that you’ve had several times before. And this is creamed, mashed potato. Trust me, sweetheart, it tastes a lot better than it looks.” Hugs got his plate, tray, towel, and cutlery and sat beside me on the edge of the bed, he placed his towel over his lap and put his tray with his plate on on top. I quickly glanced at his plate, it was almost identical to mine, the only difference I could see was his sausages weren’t cut up as mine were. Ah well, nothing ventured, nothing gained, I pierced a piece of sausage with my fork and tentatively raised it to my mouth, removing it from the fork with my teeth I began chewing it. It tasted really nice, next came the batter, that too was nice. Hugs was right, it does taste a lot better than it looks. With our food eaten, our wine almost consumed and the time approaching midnight, we were both feeling rather tired, plus we have an early start tomorrow.

Hugs took the used plates, cutlery, wine glasses and bottle together with the trays and towels down to the kitchen. When he returned he had the mouthwash for us, once this night-time ritual was concluded he helped me get settled again, lying down in bed and remade our cocoon. Then got undressed, turned out the light, got into bed and wrapped me in his arms. We exchanged numerous kisses before we fell into a wonderful deep sleep.
Old 11-01-2021, 04:05 PM

great story elina we can't wait for the next part.

carly snugglemore and carlys_guy
Old 11-01-2021, 11:10 PM

thank you Elina , we enjoyed - and it kept mr track quiet for a while

Lisa xxx