Forums  

Go Back   Forums > (36), Digital Photo Forum.

Old 16-04-2019, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Lightbulb DSLR for beginners Canon EOS 1200D

DSLR for beginners Canon EOS 1200D

Seeing that there are thousands of videos on photography, I wanted to simply get a quick video up about navigating your way around the 1200D. A lot of it will translate for other cameras, but I have used the entry level as this is where most beginners will start.

Bob himself takes photos with the Canon ESO 1200D, it's very good for beginners who want good photos and video with sound, it is also very simple to use.

Benefits

Record life's special moments with high quality photos and movies
Capture detail and ambience, even in dark conditions
Shoot with the right settings using Scene Intelligent Auto mode
Simple step-by-step Feature Guide and EOS Companion app Enhance your memories and be artistic with Creative filters

Photos you'll be proud of

Shoot photos and video with a quality and character all of their own. 18-megapixel images from the EOS 1200D are packed with detail and are large enough to be printed at sizes up to A2+. Videos have a professional look and feel that looks great played back on your home HDTV.

Capture memories even as it gets dark

When light levels get low the EOS 1200D boosts its sensitivity to light so your pictures stay sharp and you can reduce the need to use flash.

Bob has never found the need to use flash on the 1200D.

Shooting with ambient light is a great way of capturing the atmosphere of an occasion, and remaining discreet for those priceless moments and natural expressions.

Easy to use for any subject

When you compose a photograph using the EOS 1200D the camera analyses the scene too, looking for brightness, colour and the presence of movement and faces. This information is used to set the most appropriate camera settings for the scene, whether it's a detail-packed landscape or fast-moving action. A built-in Feature Guide, and supporting app, help you learn more about your camera whenever you want.

Ergonomic design you'll love to use

An optical viewfinder allows you to compose and anticipate your shot, you'll always be ready to capture the emotion behind the moment.
Its friendly controls that are instinctive to use, and a large 7.5cm (3") LCD screen for image review, the EOS 1200D is a joy to use.

Express your creative side

Emphasise the main subject in a photo by isolating it against a soft, blurred background - a look characteristic of DSLR photography. Use one of five Creative filters to add a personal touch to your photography, including Grainy Black & White to Toy Camera and Fish Eye effect.

Stay in focus

Keep subjects looking sharp by placing them underneath one of the EOS 1200D's nine focusing points. These are spread out across the viewfinder, letting you place your subject either in the middle of the frame or off-centre, for a more interesting composition.

See the world through different eyes

Change your viewpoint and capture different subjects as your photography progresses, with the extensive Canon EF and EF-S lens ranges. Get up close with a telephoto lens, or get even more of the scene in with an ultra wide-angle zoom.

The Canon ESO1200D canbe found second hand now at a good price, photos will need sizeing down by 50% for the site.
Timbo
Old 16-04-2019, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Old 16-04-2019, 03:04 PM

interesting info just wish they weren't so expensive. i use a kodak easy share 3.2 meg camera myself.

carlys_guy
Old 16-04-2019, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlys_guy View Post
interesting info just wish they weren't so expensive. i use a kodak easy share 3.2 meg camera myself.

carlys_guy
Yes I have one, thought the one I have was 3.1 mega pixel, it was ok and took good photos, but never used it much for my dolls is yours one like this?

I do use Bobs Canon to photo my dolls, and it's really great to use, did see one second hand in a shop in Hereford and was going to get it, they had a good number of others also from about 80-00, all ready to go.

Some the camera is low price, but with the lens you want on top to up the price

I know Bob has a wide angle lens that was second hand and had to pay over 300-00 for

Holly
Old 16-04-2019, 07:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:

carlys_guy
The Kodak easy share was good, simple to use and took really good photos, not so good in low light, it also had video of a kind, for big photo prints it was not much good at 3.1, but for photos for the site fine.

It was a kind of hold and take and you got a photo of a kind, there was little you could adjust, and you were stuck with that fixed lens that could not be changed, it was not much good for close up photos like the fly on the wall but kodak was the first dig: cam:, and at it's low price, that's why there are so many around.

It's still really good to have in your pocket or in the car, but don't leave the batts in, they will leak and damage it.

You will also find that the low price batts,(low current ones wont work it), so you need to buy the high price ones

It's big down fall was that it would eat batts: two at a time, even the recharge ones
Old 16-04-2019, 08:56 PM

since moving to digital about 9 years ago always had Canon , worn out a couple of Power Shot compacts , present one is Power Shot 480 and the bridge camera Canon SX60 , much liked because not touch screen

ST ... we hav'nt cracked the lens yet Lisa & Tina xxx
Old 16-04-2019, 09:47 PM
Administrator

Big fan of the Canon myself SX60 digital ultra-zoom bridge, one of the longest zoom ranges of any digital camera at the time.

At this time I use the Nikon D500 24.1-megapixel, with a radio shutter, it has a flip round screen so you can see yourself, it's good when filming with Bob, he can see himself when I ask him to pull a funny face, and he has not had the shaver out for a week
Timbo
Old 16-04-2019, 10:48 PM

@holly, yes mine looks similar but is a CX7300

@timbo, yes it does go through batteries but not as bad as myfirst digital camera. my first one was a RCA 1.5 megapixel and took 4 AA batteries.

carlys_guy
Old 17-04-2019, 08:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
@holly, yes mine looks similar but is a CX7300

@timbo, yes it does go through batteries but not as bad as myfirst digital camera. my first one was a RCA 1.5 megapixel and took 4 AA batteries.

carlys_guy
Oh dear that sounds like a real battery eater, you could try the recharge batteries and recharge them in a charger pack, the batts: don't last for ever but I have used them myself in Holly's easyshare without trouble, try 4 rechargeable Ni-MH and a charger, you then have two ready to go, well two are charging.

The CX7300 was a 3.2-megapixel and would create photo-quality 11-by-14-inch enlargements just, had the Kodak lens with 3x digital zoom
1.6-inch LCD display screen on back, share" button allows you to organize images for e-mail and printing.
16MB of internal memory or on optional Secure Digital (SD) memory cards (no memory card included)
Power was by two AA-size batteries (alkaline included, rechargeable Ni-MH was recommended), will do good photos for the site, and easy to use.

Timbo
Old 17-04-2019, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Don't think you can't take good photos with a small Kodak Easyshire you can, and at 3.1 or 3.2 you can.

Not only that you can load them to the site as is, you wont need to size them.

Lets look at a photo Holly took on her 3.1mp Kodak some years ago, it was still on the card in her cam:

I took the card from the cam: and into the card reader as was, and here it is

She likes Red tractors