Forums  

Go Back   Forums > (38), Open Forum.

Old 02-04-2020, 02:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by set track View Post
thanks Bob & CG , if you still posting we know you are OK

sad to here this lunch time news comedian Eddie Large passed away with the virus, caught whilst in hospital with heart complaint .

as for been bored , there is a bit of decorating maybe next week

st & the babes x
Hi Mr Track, that is really sad news, it shows it's best to keep away from Doctors, and hospital, if one can.

Good to know you are all ok there by the sea.
Bob
Old 02-04-2020, 03:46 PM

hi bob so far our state has about 3289 cases and 83 dead. my mom and i stay in the house and only go out if we need to go to the bank and use the drive in to limit contact, anything else we need just i go and i wear a mask.

carlys_guy
Old 02-04-2020, 06:50 PM
Administrator

Sounds a lot batter than us yet, as think we have about 3000 dead and around 500 in every 24 hrs,.

Good you are staying in as much as you can, and use a mask.

Bob and also we here are using latex gloves, when going out, or to uee when anything comes in.

May be a idea for you there too, Bob asked if you have a lock down, from what you say looks like you have not.

Holly
Old 02-04-2020, 10:53 PM

no lock down wish there was one too many idiots just walking around like there was nothing wrong. most of our states cases are along the turnpikes probably due to people traveling to work out of state.

carlys_guy
Old 03-04-2020, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Thank you for the info Carly Guy, it's really good news that your state has very few, and really hope it will stay that way.

As you say this is the time for your state to lock down and stop it.

We here did things much to late really

It will be well over 3000 lives lost in UK today

Here today the small shops have footprints on the floor for standing at the tills, this I think is not working as it blocks the aisle and people are trying to go in-between you to get food and goods.

This my well work in supermarkets or outside where there is lots of room, but not small shops.

My thinking is it would be better to leve as is, and limit the number in the shop at anyone time.

Oh Carly's Guy are you in a town or city, or small village or out on your own well away from everyone?

Here again is Carlys link to the outbreak map, https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

Holly
Old 03-04-2020, 03:22 PM

we are about half a mile away from town center and our town has about 22,000 people our street is a dead end with about 12 houses on it 1/2 acre each.

carlys_guy
Old 03-04-2020, 05:25 PM
Administrator

It's good to hear you are out of the town center Carly's Guy, and can get out without to many around, it sounds very nice, but don't know much about New England myself, and would love to go there one day.

Here we don't see anyone, and the first place is about two miles away, and it's a long drive into Hay-on-Wye small book town.

First shop and pub is in Longtown, it very small place, only one shop, but have good stock of things, pub is the Crown, there is a small school also.

And Longtown Castle that you would know from photos, we are last farm up the Black Mountains, before the rocks and heather and bracken start.

The road runs up the side of the mountain and from us back down again and meets up on the same road back into Longtown.

The farm is 75 acres of good ground, with 33 acres of rock moor heather and bracken, with grazing rights on the Mountain.

From us you can take a foot path to the point of the Mountain and go to the top, it's very flat at the top, but will take most of the day to get to the top and down again.

I do love it here in summer, and take the sheep dogs Ben and Jack on the Mountain

Holly
Old 03-04-2020, 07:48 PM

we are still virus calm at present near town center , terrace house , sure if it was too local , gossip would spread quickly .
I'll be shopping in morning soon as they open - Teso have arrows and X's on the floor and footprints on the tills - 2 security on the door - only a few in shop at same time and a one way system , my shop mainly is the free from isle .

Lisa says she could do with a piece of CG's half acre to have their own bedroom

keep healthy guys love Lisa Tina Carly & ST xxx
Old 03-04-2020, 08:02 PM
Administrator

Do you find that best time to shop, we use Farmfoods, do you have one there, they are really good, and you can join to get there Vouchers, it's 10 off in every 100 you spend

Holly
Old 03-04-2020, 08:18 PM
Administrator

Anyone know if Ursa Major is ok, last came back last year, Bob was asking and said he lives in a big city, same as Mr Kats
Holly