Forums  

Go Back   Forums > (38), Open Forum.

Old 08-04-2020, 06:22 PM
Administrator

News today, US 402-923 confirmed

Uk deaths over 900 in last 24 hrs

I went shopping for Bob and Liz today, and Bob did not want me to go to the city, so went to Oakchurch, this is big store, has most everything, most home made from there and Herefordshire and Wales

The set up was best I have seen, you stand 4 meters away, then use the hand sanitiser, and there is water and paper towel that must be used before going in.

You wait and are called in as one goes out, and you pick up a fully disinfected tolley at the door.

It's one way round but you can back track, as the store is so big, I picked up home made burgers made there, and home made bread, and rolls and a good trolly full of items, they grow all there own veg: and fruit, there is also there wine, home made sweets too

Garden seeds and compost on way out, three 50 leter bags for £10-00.

You stand well back from the till, and called over to pay, tills have plastic screens, you then take the goods to your car, and return the trolly to be disinfected.

Oakchurch as where they did film for Tv, and you may have seen photos of Lady-J Christmas shopping in that very store.

The veg, food and meat, garden centre clothes, shoes cards and toy shop is all open, the jewelry shop and restaunt is closed, all in all, it was very well set up.

And you could shop as long as you wanted.

Here is a link, http://www.oakchurch.net/ and video, of the store.

I felt at easy going there, and was much better than the city, they are also people we know, Liz will now have much to do in the garden, and started planting seeds today I'm told.

Here again is Carlys link to the outbreak map, https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
Holly
Old 08-04-2020, 09:25 PM

Sounds a very well organised arrangement.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:02 PM

sounds like a nice store to visit once the virus is gone.

carlys_guy
Old 09-04-2020, 06:10 PM
Administrator

Yes it really is Carly's Guy, and they are doing all they could and really nice about it and hepful
Here is a link you can sign to suspend council tax payments within the outbreak https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/303274

Latest news today

Global confirmed cases: 1,506,936; total deaths: 90,057 (JHU)

UK confirmed cases: 60,733; total deaths: 7,097 (DHSC)

Boris Johnson still in intensive care but “continues to make positive steps forward”, according to Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab

Government says it's too early to lift the lockdown, telling the public: "We're not done yet”

Bank of England says it will temporarily lend to the government if needed during the COVID-19 pandemic

Holly
Old 09-04-2020, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Goodhead View Post
Anyone know if Ursa Major is ok, last came back last year, Bob was asking and said he lives in a big city, same as Mr Kats
Holly
Hi folks, just checking in to say that I'm fine. I do live near a big city but where I am isn't such a busy area as where Mr Kats is so it's easier to keep away from people.
Old 09-04-2020, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursa Major View Post
Hi folks, just checking in to say that I'm fine. I do live near a big city but where I am isn't such a busy area as where Mr Kats is so it's easier to keep away from people.
Good to here all is ok your end , thank's for the update

ST & Lisa Tina & Carly xxx
Old 09-04-2020, 09:38 PM

The number of deaths in the UK is a higher percentage of the confirmed cases compared with the world total.
Old 09-04-2020, 11:13 PM

you know the tune , new words ...

love Carly xxx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMBh...&start_radio=1

Last edited by Carly Travelmore; 09-04-2020 at 11:17 PM. Reason: add link address
Old 10-04-2020, 08:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dongo View Post
The number of deaths in the UK is a higher percentage of the confirmed cases compared with the world total.
Yes think that is only to say that we have mass numbers who have it, staying at home with it, or got better.

From what have been seeing, Uk have lack of testing so can't give ture numbers of cases

It is easy to count the dead and one's in treatment, but who know how many are really out there

Good to know you are fine Ursa Major, and are not in the centre of the town, do stay safe.

Latest news today,

Global confirmed cases: 1,602,855; total deaths: 95,735 (JHU)

UK confirmed cases: 65,077; total deaths: 7,978 (DHSC)

Prime Minister Boris Johnson out of intensive care and remains in hospital for “early phase of his recovery”, Downing Street says.

Britons told to stay home to have a “safe Easter” over concerns people will break lockdown rules during warm holiday weekend.

People once again took part in ClapForOurCarers, stepping out in doorways, balconies and windows to applaud for key workers.

Holly
Old 12-04-2020, 02:11 PM

Tim Brooke-Taylor has died of Coronavirus

Best remembered for the Goodies TV show.

How many more one asks