Forums  

Go Back   Forums > D (39), The Newsroom

Old 29-09-2020, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Default Phil and Holly's 'weird' guest

ITV This Morning viewers divided over Holly and Phil's 'weird' guest.

ITV This Morning viewers were divided after an interview featuring dolls on today's show.

Presenters Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield were joined on the famous This Morning sofa by Bella, a life size doll made by entrepreneur and mum Jade Stanley.

Jade said she has seen her business "boom" during the coronavirus lockdown and was keen to dispel common beliefs around the dolls, saying they are "so much more than just a doll".

Speaking via video link, Jade said: "This is very much a companion."

She cited loneliness during lockdown as one of the reasons for a surge in sales and interest in her products.

Holly wasn't convinced and said: "But how? ... It's a doll, it's made of plastic... I'm not sure whether I would feel more lonely having that in my life than just being on my own."

But Jade said Holly was "very lucky" because she was married and has children.

The dolls start at 1,300 and can cost up to 8,000 for custom made designs.

Co-presenter Phil asked: "[Have] some people have modelled them on partners they have lost in bereavement?"

Jade confirmed this was the case because it "provides comfort" and added: "Who are we to judge?"

The businesswoman is currently in the process of setting up a pop up shop to allow people to see the dolls in the flesh before making a purchase.

She said: "I think I'm helping change that perception on *** dolls - there's so much more to them."

Jade added: "They offer so much more than just ***. People do want to come and view them, they don't always want to remain anonymous."

Phil was concerned with the logistics of storing the "heavy" dolls and asked: "Where do people put them at home? They're too heavy to put them in the attic."

Jade revealed a lot of customers hang them in their shower and Holly shuddered at the thought.

After the interview finished, Holly gestured to Bella the doll and said: "Can I just say, I won't say who, but a member of the crew came in this morning, when the lights were off, and thought it was me sat there. I was shocked."

Viewers took to Twitter to share their thoughts.

Now the shit starts again

Emma shared a screengrab from the interview alongside a laughing emoji and added: "My tea almost went all over the place when this image was shown lol."

Gary said: "Every day I think things can't get worse then #thismorning does this to us..."

Gavin commented: "It'll stop you getting burgled peeps!"

Another viewer added a series of laughing emojis and said: "Cryin here!!"

But some viewers disagreed with the stance that the dolls could be good companions.

Andrea said: "It's a TOY. Not a SOMEONE. You can not compare a toy to a human being. You can't even compare to a dog. A dog at least is a living being. What's wrong with you woman?"

Sonya said: "I would never. Are you insane?"

Paul added: "Disgraceful, disgusting & weird."

After the interview finished, Holly gestured to Bella the doll and said: "Can I just say, I won't say who, but a member of the crew came in this morning, when the lights were off, and thought it was me sat there. I was shocked."

It would seam the Doll was more alive than Holly Willoughby

Lady-J

Old 29-09-2020, 02:48 PM

I note that she is so real that they chose to social distance from her, just in case... Good job!

This 'Jade Stanley' character has a history. Let's not go there...

That being said, if they were just 'Toys', it's remarkable just how much air time these 'objects' are getting.

Last edited by Algaeholics; 29-09-2020 at 03:01 PM.
Old 29-09-2020, 03:08 PM
Administrator

know nothing about her Algaeholics, but it was one for Lady-J and the Newsroom
Holly
Old 29-09-2020, 09:21 PM

we missed that one - as we always BBC morning news

st