Forums  

Go Back   Forums > The Lady's Powder Room & Fashion Boutique

Old 12-11-2017, 12:59 AM

Lightbulb Lady Kat's Journal

Lady Katya Romanova

Well Ello Readers. 'Ere I am again and this thread will be about my thoughts and feelings and my adventures and stories. So we will continue with the story of my life and how it is I become be here. I think it called Orto-buy-og-rafee no?

So as I say in other post, Yes I have title to my name go back long ways to time of Ivan the Terrible and Empress Yekaterina (who you calls Catherine the Great) and for who I am called after. But, as I say, after 1917 revolution, is not safe to be noble and so family go far away to Siberia woods and use the name Ivanov - as you would say - Johnson.

And so to continue.
I think before I tell this but long time so here again.

I living happy in Siberia woods; many and many trees for miles they are. Yes sometimes very cold and snow to rooftops but Summer very warm and all around birds and animals and peace; no cars or crowds. All buildings in our little town made of wood and each house have small garden farm where we grow vegetables and share with everyone but mostly men all work in woods hunting or cutting trees and women have hard life in homes, cooking cleaning and washing. Even when a little girl I have to help old Olga with chores.

Well! I just a little woods girl and no idea I am somebody with name and title; such things I never imaging. I think I grow up like village women, working hard to keep house, marry some strong, hopefully handsome man and make babies.

So to get to story. I am seven years old, little Katya and keeping little wooden house tidy while Grandfather Mikhail and the men out hunting some wild pig keep digging up our gardens and Olga visiting gossiping friends.

And a bear comes!

Well, we in woods are friends to some animals, for many believe eagles and wolves are spirits of dead ancestors but bears can be bad. When they hungry they break into food stores and will attack and even kill people. Also their skin make good warm coats!

The bear come. He try to break into food store shed at side of house and if he want he could easy break down house door, so what I to do; is no-one to help or will hear? Bear is angry and shake side of house. What I to do?

Well! Even I only seven, I no soft snowball. I know how look after myself; Grandfather, he teach me how to survive. Even I can beat bigger boys fighting if they bother me! Ha!

Now bear is rattling door! He want to come in!

So I dive under Grandmother's bed and drag out her old gun. Now Grandfather he teach me how to shoot his rifle but I never use old Grandmother's war gun. She always sleep with it, like it her baby but often she show me how to clean and load it so I do know how. Is big and heavy for me but I know how to hold it - just.

Great Gran Olga with her gun.

I hear bear very angry outside so I go to nearest window which are very small for to keep heat in and I point gun out and stand on stool. Well Grandmother Olga's gun is called AK-47 and always she keep it spotless clean and ready. I know what she always do; flick off safe switch and pull back slide - is hard but I do it. Bear come by; he see me and is very angry; he stand up very tall and roar like thunder- and I let him have it!

Is awful noise and I thrown back off stool on to floor. That is enough for me, I run and hide under Grandmother's bed. Later I hear hunters coming back and lot of shouting. Grandfather rush open door and he sweep me up in arms to see if I safe. Then others come in and say how brave I am to kill big angry bear. Everyone want to hug me and I feel very important.

That night I tucked into bed and Grandfather he smile and say; "You know, when I shoot bear, is usually one shot right between eyes so skin is good for using. Big bad bear, you shoot, have twenty bullet holes all over him! Ha!

And next I tell how I grow up and have to leave our woods.

Last edited by Holly Goodhead; 02-12-2017 at 09:54 PM.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:56 AM

Great opening part for your story Lady Kat.

Lucy and Ana our going to tell their story soon but are now to distracted waiting for the next part of yours to concentrate

FM and the girls xxx
Old 12-11-2017, 02:52 AM

sounds like you are a regular daniel boone lady kats we can't wait to hear the rest of the story.

carly snugglemore and carlys_guy
Old 12-11-2017, 10:51 AM

Absolutely brilliant - you couldn't make it up!
Old 12-11-2017, 08:24 PM
Administrator

A great story of your life Lady Kat and we are all eager to hear more of your life in the woods and how you meet Mr Kats.
Holly