Forums  

Go Back   Forums > D (18), The Lady's Powder Room & Fashion Boutique

Old 21-11-2020, 05:05 PM

Default ...dancing with the devil

Three Steps Forward, One Step Back...Dancing With The Devil.

I came back to semi-conciousness a few moments ago. After trying unsuccessfully to gather any thoughts remaining from last night before I went to sleep and process them, I’m now trying to work out what part of which day or night I’ve woken up in. All I know for sure is that we have been in the bedroom for a few weeks, say three, that’s 21 days, we moved here around the sixth, so its circa November 27, 2019. I could raise my head, peer over Hugs to see his clock by the far wall, to do that would mean I have to open my eyes fully, focus and concentrate on what shape the lights are making. In all probability, though not definitively it would be too early to actually wake up but by then it will be too late, the damage would have been done. Much better to stay here where its nice and warm, snuggled up against Hugs until either I fall back to sleep or I feel him stirring next to me. We slept slightly differently last night, I normally have my head facing his at about the same level, this time mine is quite a bit higher than his and I don’t want to risk moving down in case I wake him. A short while later, before I had fallen completely asleep again I felt or sensed some movement against my left thigh.

Hugs had begun his ascent from sixty thousand fathoms and I got in position to give him his first kiss of the day when he reached the surface and joined me. “Hello Hugs” I whispered as I lowered my head in the hope that my lips would find his without an embarrassing incident like missing them completely. “Hello Gorgeous” he responded. What I don’t understand is that Hugs can always find my lips, no matter where my head is, yet I cannot, it’s more a case of hit or miss, usually the latter. By some good fortune our lips met without incident this time, I don’t think for one single moment I’m getting better. It never happened when we were downstairs, which I put down to a small amount of daylight that used to creep in through the chink in the curtains at the top, this illuminated the part of Hugs I was aiming for. With us now having our when-ever-it-is kiss and cuddle and I was beginning to feel a lot better even if I still didn’t know what part of which day it is, at least Hugs is with me. Soon everything will right in my world again.

Our arms were wrapped around each other, each enjoying the feeling of the others body against our own, we were mid kiss when it happened. I had never heard this noise before, a sort of loud warble. Beside me, Hugs had seemed surprised, not so much by the noise, rather the fact that it had happened at all. Whilst the noise continued, Hugs and I extricated our limbs from the other and then he got up, went to the door and disappeared through it. Moments later the noise ceased and I could hear him talking, I concluded this must be another ‘phone.

From what little I could hear he seemed very concise and really guarded with his side of the conversation. This is intriguing, I thought, I’m eager to find out more. Some time passed before I heard the conversation end, the phone replaced and Hugs came back into the bedroom. He partially closed the door behind him as he came over and sat beside me on the bed. I had the feeling that he wanted to hold both my hands in his, but they were under the quilt keeping warm, and that, as far as I was concerned was where they were staying. He moved closer, then kissed me on my lips, I reciprocated many times even offering some of my own which he received warmly. At some point he mentioned going down to the kitchen to make his brew then added he needed to evaluate the contents and implications of the strange phone call he had received. Moments later he left, him to get his coffee, me in total bewilderment. No clue. No explanation. Also I still didn’t know what day or time it is and he has left the door slightly open, open enough to let some light in but too far open that it blocked my view of the clock. However the light coming in confirms that it’s daytime. There was only one thing I could do and that was to put my head back on my pillow, pull the quilt back over my head, close my eyes and try to go back to sleep! So that’s what I did.

I have no idea how long it took me to fall asleep, nor do I know how long I was asleep for. The only way I knew I had been asleep was because I woke up and saw Hugs laying beside me on the quilt. “Hello Gorgeous” he stated as he turned onto his right side and facing me across the pillow, moved towards me to give me a few more kisses, which I welcomed. “Did you sleep well?” “Mmm” I replied “I think so. Didn’t have any dreams or nightmares that I can remember.” His left hand reached across and sought out my right hand that was laying on my right thigh, he gently held it through the quilt. “That phone call earlier” he commenced “really was strange. I’m not sure what to make of it.” Once again I was unsure whether I was to respond or patiently wait for him to continue. I gave it my customary thirty seconds before settling on “Really, why?” “Well” he began then paused, and I waited again, frustratingly. “It seems so strange” he continued “I thought we’d been careful when we’d gone out, and how did they get our ‘phone number?” It seemed he wasn’t talking to me, rather thinking aloud. “Hugs!” I exclaimed “Just tell me what’s wrong!” After a short deliberation he had another attempt. “Sorry, sweetheart. I know I’m not coherent at the moment. It’s just so confusing and I can’t seem to understand it fully. I have so many questions that I can’t answer. But you’re right, you do need to know what’s happened, particularly as it concerns you. That ‘phone call was from our local paper. It seems they somehow know of your existence and want to send a journalist to interview you with the intention of doing a feature.” “Isn’t that a good thing?” I asked “If more people know about us, wouldn’t we become more widely accepted, or am I missing something?” “Well up until today we had anonymity” Hugs continued “that would end with the lead up to the publication of the feature, not to mention when it’s actually published. I’m not sure if we are ready for that as it could become very intrusive.” “Wouldn’t it be better to find out exactly what they’re proposing first” I suggested “before we jump to the wrong conclusion and regret it later.” “Are you suggesting I call them back” he asked “and fix up an appointment then?” “Not exactly,” I countered “find out what they want from me or us first, then we’ll decide together. Does that sound reasonable?” “Yes, it does.” he responded “I’ll give them a quick call in a minute, just need to get my pad and pen. Do you want anything whilst I’m downstairs?” “No, thanks Hugs.” We had a long cuddle and several kisses before he went downstairs.

As he went through the doorway he thoughtfully turned the ceiling light on for me. Almost as soon as he had left I began to panic, even without a mirror I knew I looked rough, if you put me in a field next to a scarecrow, he’d look well dressed and presentable compared to me. I so need a bath, powdering, hair, make up and most importantly clothes. Then there’s the other issue, where? The only area that is halfway presentable is the patio and it’s a bit nippy to be out there even if we had a patio heater, which we don’t. Does that mean we’ll be going out somewhere? To eat? With wine? Ooohhh this is getting exciting!!! After about ten minutes I heard footsteps on the stairs, then along the landing followed by Hugs coming through the doorway with a mug of freshly brewed in one hand with a plate of something I couldn’t see balanced on its top and a notebook and pen in the other. He placed his mug with its plate of..ah..Bourbon biscuits and lightly fruited cake on his bedside cabinet together with the notebook and pen, he removed the plate and found a home for it also on the cabinet, then sat on his side of the bed on the squiff facing me.

“If we’re going to have to meet this person” I began, trying really hard not to look or sound too enthusiastic “where do you have in mind?” “I really don’t think that’s up to us, obviously I would prefer it here where I know you’d be safe. But we won’t know anything for certain until I speak to them, which I’ll do in a moment. First though I need to eat something, I’ve brought something for you too.” How thoughtful, then I realised I would have to sit up, not so thoughtful. I brought my arms outside of the quilt and pressed it against my chest held tightly with my arms each side, then wiggled my way up the bed keeping my arms gripping the quilt. I asked Hugs to fix my hair for me as I was not intending to let go of the quilt for a second. He did, but it was my short copper summer wig, does he want me to freeze, I wondered. He asked me to move forward a little then brought the pillows upright behind me. Now I had something warm and soft to lean against. When he thought I was settled again he returned to the cabinet, lifted the plate of biscuits and cake to reveal another plate underneath, he then put the biscuits onto that plate and passed the top plate with the fruited cake to me.

Old 21-11-2020, 05:18 PM

“I know you find biscuits a bit hard unless dunked and I don’t really want to risk getting the new quilt wet, so I’ve got you some lightly fruited cake. Hope that’s OK?” “Oh Hugs, thank you. I am feeling a little peckish.” I stated “Risk getting the quilt wet?” I asked with a grin “Are you implying I’m a messy eater, Mister Ell?” It didn’t take us long to hoover up the munchies. With the notebook and pen in his hand he was off to give this person a call to get information and some questions answered after he’d topped up his credit with me with a lot more kisses, and replaced the pillows he’d raised into their horizontal position. He even got them warm side up for me. Now that is thoughtful.

Although the bedroom door was open slightly and I could hear him talking, I couldn’t hear what was being said with any clarity. So I’ll just have to wait patiently here, I’m too excited to attempt to go to sleep again.

When what seemed like two hours though it was probably nearer fifteen or twenty minutes had passed, the ‘phone call was concluded, Hugs returned, laying beside me on the quilt. He shuffled through the pages of his notebook desperately trying to find the start of his notes. “I thought I’d be calling the office,” he explained “but the number I was given was the journalists home. She seems quite pleasant and more importantly genuine, I got the impression that this is her idea, to interview and do the feature on you. I explained to her our reservations, She claimed that she would be willing to accommodate us on whatever conditions we set, provided they are realistic. Anyway we have a few days to discuss it and make a decision. I said I’d call her later in the week with an update. Now I need to get a coffee, do you want anything?” he paused here for a moment before asking “Are you staying here, or coming down with me?” he gave me a few kisses as he collected the used crockery. “I’ll stay here if you don’t mind.” I replied as he got to the door. “No, that’s fine. See you in a bit then Gorgeous.” I snuggled down into the warmest part of the bed and made sure my head was nestled on the pillow where I had had my body, so it too was in a warm spot and didn’t need any extra heating from me! I risked the shot of cool air as I flicked the quilt from my right shoulder, over my right shoulder, over the pillow and onto my head, my whole body was now how I like it, wrapped in a cocoon. Needless to say it was Hugs who started me on this cocoon method of sleeping. It was either the end of September or the beginning of October, he had helped me into bed and once I was settled he pulled the quilt over my head, tucked the top corner under my pillow, then opened it a little by my face. When he got in he flicked his side over his shoulder and over his head, with his right hand he closed the open section by our faces so it now wrapped itself over our cheeks to just under our chins. When he was happy he put his right arm under my neck and around my shoulders, his left was around my waist. My right arm was around his waist. I slept so warm that night that I’ve been doing it ever since. When I/we did it first it was with a 10.5 tog standard double quilt, this one is 15.5 tog, king size, a lot warmer, a lot bigger and a lot heavier. I lowered my head to under the quilt, if you came into the bedroom and put the light on you wouldn’t be able to see me, I was hidden by the bedding.

As I stretched and moved about a little, my hand felt a slight resistance, something was on the quilt. My mind raced, what could it be? Hugs had taken the crockery down with him, so what’s left. I pondered for a few moments, then I got it. The notebook. Realising that, I raised my head back to the surface and peered down over the quilt. I tried moving it up from under the quilt but it just wouldn’t play. I resigned myself that I would have to get one if not both my hands out from under the quilt too. I decided to try just one first. I got my right arm out and over the quilt tucking it under my armpit. I reached my hand down as far as it would go, but it just wouldn’t reach. There was nothing else for it, I would have to get up slightly until it would. I stretched and reached, stretched and reached, stretched and reached and then I got it. I moved it up over the quilt one handedly until it was close enough for me to see what he had written in the available light. But first I must repair my cocoon, no point in getting cold as well. I was halfway through the repair process when I noticed the bedside light right in front of me on his cabinet, now if I could just switch it on. I’ve seen him do it several times, but I haven’t needed to do it myself, until now. I slivered across the mattress into a colder section. The phrase ‘nothing ventured, nothing gained’ came to mind, but it didn’t help, I wondered if it ever did. I grasped the sticky-out bit with the oval circle at its end and pushed, nothing happened, I pulled it, nothing happened, It was in my mind to give up. Then I remembered something. A few months ago Hugs had a bad nightmare which he told me about, in it there was a dream version of me, they were in a railway station, he had asked her to stay on a bench, but she didn’t. She went to the left luggage depository and watched as someone deposited their luggage, the detachable sticky-out bit with the coloured end had to be turned, could this be the same I wondered. I reached across to the thing again and turned. It didn’t move. I tried it the other way, it moved so I kept turning and then it happened...the light came on, not bright but the more I turned the brighter it became. Another thing almost mastered, I’m getting good, really good. Now back to the two most important things, repairing my cocoon and getting warm again.

It didn’t take long to repair my cocoon though I’m still working on getting warm, I think that will take a while longer to achieve. My left hand is holding the quilt under my chin, with my right going through the pages of the note book desperately trying to find where the notes on todays conversation starts. Then I saw it, or rather what I think maybe it, the name written in full; Sophia Wrightmore. That was all there was in full, from then on it’s all in one of his codes, it could take me a while to translate, if at all. pj-f+k-frl? fe/wkcol wbbd-ol….

There was quite a bit more but I heard his footsteps on the stairs and I didn’t want to risk reading anymore. I closed the book and slid it back down the quilt with the pen, retracted my hand and closed the gap. At that moment Hugs came into the bedroom “Ahh” he commented “I see you’ve mastered the light.” “Well I was a little bored” I confessed “so I thought I’d give it a try, although I did have some help from an unexpected source.” He looked at me with a quizzical expression as he sat on the edge of our bed. I just smiled demurely. “Fine” he said, but I could tell his mind was elsewhere, no doubt trying to work out what I could possibly mean by ‘an unexpected source.’ Alternatively could he be thinking about the conversation with Sophia. I wonder if that is going to dominate our lives for the next few days, I hope it’s not weeks. If I was told everything about this conversation, would I too be worrying, if that’s the right word. Hugs would be in his world worrying and I’m doing the same in mine. Would we ever meet again. When I woke today all that was on my mind was what time of which day it was. The fact that I still haven’t found out isn’t a major catastrophe.

Then inspiration struck (I hope it doesn’t leave a bruise), “Hugs, wouldn’t it be preferable to meet this Sophia woman in person” I suggested “on your own, without me. That way you should be able to assess her integrity. Has she actually said what she wants or expects from us?” As I spoke he was looking at me very intently, then turned and reached for his notebook. Ruffling through the pages he eventually found the entries relating to Sophia which he carefully scanned. “The only clue she gave was when she said she was toying with a few ideas based around the experiences of a Chinese doll coming to Britain to live.” he explained, rarely looking up from the notes he had made. “How does/did she cope with the language, the weather, the food, the currency. What differences and similarities are there between the two countries.” Hugs continued to read his notes in case there was something he had missed, satisfied there wasn’t he looked back at me, the notebook open on this left thigh held in place by his right hand. I spent some time thinking about what he had said. “I’m not sure if I’m going to use the right words here, Hugs,” I explained,“but to use one of your phrases, ‘if I spit it out, will you sort it out,’ there seems to be quite a wide scope there, but if we decide to do it, we must have total control. But to say it again I really think you two should meet to discuss exactly what she requires. This has occupied us for several hours now, if you’re in agreement lets leave it where we are now and share some time together. Then sometime tomorrow we can come back to it.”
Old 21-11-2020, 05:24 PM

“I’m in total agreement with that” Hugs confirmed “also I have to sort out some food for us for later, which would you prefer a Roast Chicken breast fillet with roast potatoes and a medley of vegetables with a rich gravy or Grilled Hake with roast croquette potatoes and a medley of vegetables with parsley sauce?” Oh decisions, decisions, but of the best kind, “I was thinking of saying the fish” I replied “but didn’t we have fish yesterday?” “Indeed, but that was roasted wild Alaskan Pollock with an infusion of herbs not grilled Hake, I assume you’ll go for the Chicken then,” Hugs suggested, then added with a huge grin “unless you want Crispy Duck?” If there was anything to hand that I could have thrown at him at that moment I would have! Luckily for him there wasn’t. That remark will be remembered, I can assure you, though maybe not for long!

Following a rather long, though totally pleasurable snuggle and kissing session, as we had a lot of catching up to do, Hugs went to the kitchen to prepare food for us. My task now is to reconstruct my cocoon around me and do my best to get warm, again! As I settled down to the tasks in hand I suddenly realised I had no idea what I was having to eat, I thought I had chosen the fish, then somehow it got changed to chicken, or did it? Ah well, at least I’ve got a surprise to look forward to. After I got warm and cosy inside my cocoon, my eyes closed and I was just nicely slipping down the slippery slope to sleep when a few thumps from downstairs brought me back to the surface again with a jolt. The thumps continued up the stairs, I wondered what on earth was going on, less than a minute later Hugs came back into the bedroom carrying the small table for us. He set it up, gave me a few very welcome kisses before heading back to the kitchen and I headed back to going to sleep.

I heard a very feint, barely audible voice coming from the top of a distant mountain saying ‘C’mon Gorgeous, time to eat, food’s ready’ This didn’t fit at all into the dream I was having, so I guessed there must be another reason, and waking up may be the solution. As I reached the surface and slowly opened my eyes I saw the small table with two plates of steaming food. It was, I believe about this point I realised that I was expected to get up, get dressed and go to the table for food and that is the only way I’m going to discover what is on my plate. I looked around but couldn’t see Hugs anywhere, I’ve been left alone again. Very soon he returned with a chilled bottle of Pays D’Oc Sauvignon Blanc and two glasses. Instead of helping me get dressed into clothes, he found a dressing gown (origin unknown to me) that was quite large and, once it was wrapped around me and tied, incredibly warm. He found my ‘autumn’ hair style and placed it on my head to keep it warm.

Hugs helped me into the Ikea chair and moved the table around, I was now able to survey my plate, I had Grilled Hake with roast croquette potatoes and a medley of vegetables. Peas, runner and broad beans, carrots and leeks all served in a couple of savoy cabbage leaves. Hugs had the same, on the table was a small stainless steel jug of hot parsley sauce, together with two soon to be filled wine glasses. When I saw the food on the plate my initial impression was that I’d never eat all that, experience should have told me that I would, because I did. My stomach is full, each of us has about a half a glass of wine to finish, that’s what’s left in the bottle. Once that’s gone I’ll want to go to sleep again.

Hugs moved the table to the side, helped a very tired me up, then put me to bed, even making me a new cocoon. He then left me alone for a short time when he took the dining requisites back to the kitchen. He came back got ready to join me in bed, then turned out the ceiling light followed by the bedside light which plunged us back into total darkness. As he got into bed and I tried really hard to see anything of him, but I couldn’t. He instinctively knew where my neck was and put his arm between it and the pillow/bottom sheet, moments later his lips were on mine. I discovered something about myself, no matter how tired I am, I’m never too tired for kisses. I don’t know how long we stayed kissing each other, I don’t know who fell asleep first, or if we went together. Hugs woke first, I know this because I was awakened my him kissing my lips. When I eventually surfaced and my brain had reached full functionality, Hugs told me that it was eleven forty three and he really must get up, I raised my right hand from his waist, he turned away from me and lifting the quilt with his left hand was about to get out of bed, but he didn’t, instead he looked at me in my cocoon, then came back and we intertwined our bodies again. Moments later our lips were back in contact. Neither of us knows exactly what happened next, when he looked at the clock again he had such a shock “I really must get up, Gorgeous, it’s fifteen fifty!” Hugs exclaimed, implying that it was solely my fault he didn’t before and we all know it takes two to smooch. We risked a couple or rather a few parting kisses before he actually got up and out of bed. When he’d dressed and opened the door the light coming through it was negligible, he automatically switched the ceiling light on for me before heading for the kitchen and his brew.

Like a seal basking in the sun, I was basking in the warmth of my cocoon. When we were downstairs, after the first week or so I used to get up, dress and take up residence on my comfy sofa where I would spend most if not all of the day. Hugs would join me at various parts of the day where we’d kiss and cuddle. Then in the evening we’d be together on the sofa until he had to prepare food for us, once that had been eaten and the utensils cleared away, we’d snuggle up together again to watch something on tv whilst we finished our wine, eventually getting to bed when it suited us. This is my first winter so I don’t really know what to expect, as Hugs says about himself, ‘my get up and go has got up and gone’ and that is pretty much how I feel. I’ve stayed in bed for I think about five days now, it could easily be more. I have completely lost track of time and having the door blocking the clock doesn’t help in that respect. There must be somewhere in this room that the clock can be placed where we can both see it with the door open. I really must get him to bring my clock up, then we’d have two. I’m feeling quite exhausted now, so I think I’ll just close my eyes for a moment and rest….

I didn’t see or hear Hugs come back into the bedroom, this could be due I think to one of three reasons, one; he was very quiet, two; I was asleep or three; both of those. I’m going for the latter. He was sat in one of the Ikea chairs with a mug of freshly brewed close by on the small table that he brought up last night, in his left hand was a small book that he had been reading before looking up to see if I had woken up, which I had now. “Hello Gorgeous, did you sleep well?” he asked. “Mmmm” I replied, still trying to get my brain into full functionality mode. “Are you fully functioning yet?” he asked “As we have a few things to discuss” “Not quite Hugs” I confessed, “but I’m nearly there, I feel a few more minutes are needed” He knows me so well! “Take you time, let me know when you’re there.” A few minutes passed, then “Hugs, I think I’m there now, fully functioning.” “I’ve just been looking at the notes I made yesterday concerning the phone call with Sophia.” he explained “Are you still of the mind that I should arrange a meeting with her to find out exactly what she wants or expects from us?” I pondered this for a few moments, I was so sure yesterday that it was the right decision. “Yes. Unless we know exactly, we cannot make a decision, we need that information. Before you buy anything you told me you do extensive...what did you call it...ah, research. So that’s what you’re doing, you’re researching her.” I looked across at his face, he was deep in thought. “I think you’re right. OK then I’d better give her a call.” He rose from his chair, came across to me and gave me a few lovely kisses, then he pulled away for a few seconds “Wow, you smell deliciously bed-warm,” he told me “I can’t do anything about it now as I’ve got a phone call to make, but when I get back, I may be tempted to get in there and join you!” Oh yes please, I thought, that would be nice. I began to wonder how I could bring that to fruition. He leaned into me again and we resumed our kissing session. All too soon it was over and he had to leave to make that call.
Old 21-11-2020, 05:31 PM

I heard the click as he lifted the receiver, the thuds as he pressed the number buttons in the handset, the slight creak of the handrail as he lent against it, what I couldn’t hear was what he said when Sophia or someone at the other end answered the call. Certainly I could hear him talking just not what was being said, so frustrating! That left me in the usual predicament, to snuggle down in my cocoon, stay warm and awake, or snuggle down in my cocoon, stay warm and go back to sleep until something exciting happens and hope I wake in time not to miss it! Being a girl who finds definitive decision making a challenge, I opted for the safe one, the best of both worlds. I’ll stay awake until I fall asleep naturally!
Hugs came back after about ten minutes with one of his fingers of this left hand in the pages of his note book. He looked across at me and smiled “Hi Gorgeous” he said, no doubt surprised to see me still awake and to be honest so was I. “Are you fully functioning yet? He asked as he sat in the Ikea chair with his notebook open on his left thigh, “As I’ve got some news for you.” “I think so,” I replied “do you want to have a go?” “First she has agreed to us meeting and has suggested the Augustus Restaurant, just off St James Street in Taunton, tomorrow Friday 29th, at nineteen thirty.

She asked if that would be convenient, I said it would. I hope that’s OK?” Once again I waited unsure if a response was needed, thirty seconds later I offered “Of course, Hugs. That’s rather fortuitous, at least you won’t have to travel too far. Did she mention anything about what she actually wants?” “I was coming on to that in a moment, however I’ll do it now. She didn’t mention anything different to that of previously, nor did she go into greater detail. I don’t believe she knows herself. I think she has just had an idea that she hasn’t as yet developed and hopes someone will do it for her. I think she hopes that someone will be me. I was somewhat surprised at her choice of venue, if it was me, I would have suggested the The Castle Hotel, but maybe having hotel in it’s name she felt it may give the wrong impression, so didn’t.

As I haven’t been to the Augustus before, it’s going to be a voyage of discovery.” “I’m in total agreement with your assumption about hotel. If I was meeting you and I suggested a hotel my concern would be whether you might think I was offering ‘other services’ in addition to the main reason for our meeting. A ‘reward’ for agreeing to what I wanted, or an ‘incentive’ to agree with what I wanted. In my opinion she has made the right choice with the Augustus as there can be no misunderstanding, not that I think for one moment you would think like that, but she doesn’t know that. She seems like someone I’d like to meet. Incidently, is she like me or you?” “If you mean is she human or synthetic then I don’t know. But you needn’t feel jealous. There’s only been one human for me, and I lost her in 1996 that’s twenty plus years ago, then in May this year you came into my life and I haven’t looked back since.

Now then my little darling what would you like to eat? There’s chicken I can roast or grill, more fish I can either roast or grill, pork chump chops either fried, grilled or roasted or do you fancy something else?” Why is life so complicated in the human world? I wonder. Why can’t the choice be either this or that, rather than this, that, the other, and something else? Let me think, I had fish last night and the night before, chicken was on last nights menu and it’s been a while since I had chicken, so it’s chicken then, now how do I want it cooked? Grilled or Roasted? I think roasted, Now I’ve got to decide on the potatoes and veg. So roasted chicken with roasted potatoes and boiled or roasted veg., boiled I think, stuffing, but what kind, sage & onion, parsley & thyme, or chestnut?
Chestnut is best with either duck, goose, or turkey, parsley & thyme is better with pork, so that leaves sage & onion. Great I’ve now got dinner sorted. So what did I decide on? “Hugs can I have Roast chicken, roast potatoes with boiled veg and sage & onion stuffing?” “Certainly darling, what gravy do you want with that?” 妈的 Mā de! I had completely forgotten about that. “Will you choose for me, please Hugs”

Forty minutes or so later Hugs arrived carrying two plates that he placed on the small table. He left them there when he went off to get the wine and gravy. It soon became apparent to me that I was expected to get up out of bed again. How cruel! Hugs arrived just in time (believe that if you will) to help me into the blue dressing gown I wore yesterday, my ‘autumn’ wig and across to the Ikea chair.

When I was settled the table was brought around and I was able to see the contents of the plates for the first time. Both had roast chicken, roast potatoes, boiled sprouts, carrots (again), broad beans (again), runner beans (again), placed on a bed of savoy cabbage leaves, a ball of parsley & thyme stuffing and a cone (perhaps I should say mountain) of fried sliced mushrooms. Also on the table was a stainless steel jug of an unknown gravy and a bottle of a smooth and fruity Merlot, or so the label stated. They say ‘the proof of the pudding is in the eating,’ in our case ‘the proof of the wine is in the drinking.’ Once again I looked in horror at the amount of food that was in front of me. I know I could leave what I didn’t want or couldn’t manage, surprisingly so far that hasn’t happened. Hugs suggested I let him pour the gravy for me as the steel handle can get quite hot and I could easily burn my hand. Hugs always puts my safety first, but as someone who is constantly pampered and liking it, why would I refuse? He poured the gravy on both plates, filled both wine glasses then sat opposite me. We each raised our glasses, chinked them, said cheers to each other, took a mouthful, swallowed. replaced our glasses on the table, picked up our cutlery and began our quest to somehow clear our plates.

Over dinner we talked a little about tomorrows meeting and what he thought Sophia might be like. Hugs kept our wine glasses topped up until that bottle became empty. With almost half a plate each of food still to go he asked if I would like him to get another bottle from the under stairs cupboard. I gave it a moments thought and said yes please. Hugs left me to do battle on my own when he went to get the wine. Despite several mouthfuls I couldn’t see any difference, was the quantity replenishing itself when I wasn’t watching, I wondered. I was glad when Hugs came back with the replacement bottle, opened it and replenished our glasses. I was tempted to ask him if he would mind keeping an eye on my plate to make sure that what I had removed didn’t mysteriously reappear back on my plate soon afterwards. I reached the conclusion that it was probably for the best if I didn’t otherwise he might think my brain had finally given up, and I didn’t want to risk that. So I continued as before, a couple of mouthfuls of food followed by a (large) sip of wine. Relatively soon I was able to see the colour of the plate over almost ninety percent of its circumference. I do believe I’m actually winning! There it was, my last remaining sprout, fairly soon that one made the same journey as its relatives and my plate was empty. I picked up my wine glass and slumped contentedly into the chair with a sigh of relief that tonights food marathon was over.

Hugs cleared away the cutlery, crockery and steel-ware taking it back to the kitchen where no doubt he will be working again getting everything clean and put away, until tomorrow. I remained seated letting my stomach begin its task of digesting the mountain of food I’d just eaten, and my liver to remove the alcohol from the wine that I still hadn’t finished. I looked across at the small table and saw that even Hugs hadn’t finished his wine. Should I wait for him to come back so we finish it together or just carry on regardless. I eased myself up slowly then placed my wine glass on the table and slowly slid back to my former position. About thirty minutes had passed I was still awake and Hugs was coming up the stairs. It was hereabouts that a horrible thought entered my mind. Would Hugs still be able to carry me to the bed with all the food I had eaten? When does it affect our weight, when we eat it or when its digested? I reached the conclusion that that is a too difficult question for my brain to solve after almost a bottle of wine. If I can remember it, I’ll ponder it again when I’m more able.
Old 21-11-2020, 05:37 PM

“Hi Gorgeous” “Hello Hugs” “Are you almost ready for bed?” he asked as he picked up his wine glass from the table. “Almost” I replied, “will you pass me mine, please?” He reached across, picked up my glass and passed it to me. “Thanks” I said as I raised my glass “Cheers, Hugs” “Cheers Gorgeous” and then we both drained our glasses. Hugs put his down on the table then reached across for mine which I gave him. “Ready?” “Ready!” with that Hugs came to my right side, placed his left arm around my shoulders with his hand under my left armpit, his right hand went under my knees, “OK?” he asked “Yes” I replied and prepared myself to be airborne, I was lifted up and swung around to my right. I have got so used to him holding me and carrying me that I do not fear it as I once did. I feel totally safe and secure in his arms. I was carefully lowered onto his side of the bed, and was placed sitting on the edge. I was fully expecting the robe or my wig to be removed but neither was. I was confused, especially when he said he’d be back really soon. Moments later he returned with something in both hands, “We’ve forgotten this the past few nights” I was informed, then I saw what it was, and I remembered. He handed me the small white bottle top and I drank half of the blue, minty tasting liquid, swilled it around my mouth, partially swallowed it and gargled with it in my throat, returned it to my mouth and spat it out into the plastic container Hugs was holding. Then I had to drink the remaining half, swill that around my mouth then spit it out into the same container. “Thank you, Hugs” I said as I raised my head upwards to kiss him. “In a moment, Gorgeous, I haven’t done mine yet.” With that he poured a measure into the top and repeated what I had just done. Now we could kiss, and didn’t we make a meal of it! Soon my robe and wig were off, the lights were off, and we were in bed in a shared cocoon in total darkness each of us entwined with the other, each of us enjoying the feel of the others body against our own, each of us losing ourselves in the others’ mouth.

We didn’t surface until early afternoon and Hugs was the first (and only one) to get out of bed as he needed coffee. I needed to stay where I was, warm and cosy in my cocoon. Hugs came back with his coffee and placed it on his bedside cabinet. “Are you awake and fully functioning yet, Gorgeous?” Hugs asked as he opened the small peephole in my cocoon a bit more. “Surprisingly yes” I replied “why?” “Well tonights the night that I have to meet Sophia” he explained, “I shall be having some food out obviously as we’re meeting in a restaurant. Now do you want me to prepare you something before I go or do you think you can wait until I get back, around tenish I would think. It’s fourteen thirty now, I need to leave by eighteen thirty, that gives me an hour to get to Taunton, park and get to the restaurant.” I spent a few moments contemplating what had been said, trying to make the right decision. “If it helps, when I went to Nottingham you were up early, had lunch about twoish, and I didn’t get back until about ten, when I did some food for us. That was eight hours, twice the amount that it’ll be tonight. Plus you’ll be in bed, not sitting in a chair. Just a thought, have you finished all the books you were reading?” Oohh now that’s an idea I hadn’t thought of, books. So, wait for food, read a bit, sleep a bit, read a bit more then sleep a bit more. Yes I think that will work. “Hugs, I’ve made my decision. I’ll wait until you come home for food, I will have a book, Lorna Doone, I haven’t finished it yet, and I’m sure I’ll be fine.”

“If you’re sure, Gorgeous. I’ll get it for you now, is it still in the cabinet, do you know?” “I’m fairly sure it is” I replied, “If you can’t find it, then may I have The Woman in White?” “Certainly” Hugs replied as he went to get the book(s) for me.

A short while later he returned with both books in his hand. “Here you are sweetheart, I’ve brought you both books in case you finish one before I get back. Is there anything else you want or need as I really must sort out what I’m going to wear tonight, before I have a shower.” “No my dear sweet Hugs,” I confirmed, “you have looked after me enough so far today, now go and do what you need to do for tonight. I will see you before you go, won’t I?” Tears were welling up in my eyes as I asked him the last question, but I fought them back bravely. “Of course you will, my darling. Whatever made you think you wouldn’t?” “I don’t really know.” I confessed. Hugs moved towards his bedside cabinet then switched on the light for me taking it up to full brightness. “I’ll see you in a short while.”Hugs said as he came towards me to give me a hug as best he could as I was still wrapped in my cocoon, somehow our lips met and we enjoyed several kisses before he had to go.

I opened Lorna Doone and had to re-read the last few pages to reacquaint myself with the story. I had got through about half of the chapter when I heard the shower start, by the time I had started the next chapter, the shower had stopped. I looked up from the page towards the clock, Hugs had closed the door enough for me to see the clock, but open enough for me to get some daylight, or I would have if it wasn’t already dark outside. The clock displayed 17:45. At 17:55 a smartly dressed Hugs came into our bedroom. He was wearing his brown chevron woven jacket, cream shirt under a camel jumper, light tan cord trousers, tan stripped socks and light tan leather brogue shoes. When he came over to give me a kiss I discovered he smelt as good as he looked! Risking getting cold I extricated myself from my cocoon, raised myself up then threw my arms around his neck, I wasn’t going to let him get away! The clock seemed to be in a race to get somewhere, all too soon it displayed 18:29 the time Hugs had to leave. I graciously allowed him to leave my arms and go to meet this other woman (I really hope that isn’t what she’s going to be). As I settled down and remade my cocoon, I heard Hugs reach the bottom stair, walk along the hall. Open the vestibule (or inner) door, close it, open the front door, close it, the squeak of the entrance gate as it opened and closed. The clunk of the central locking as it released, the car door closing then a few moments later the engine as it came to life, the revs increased and the car moved off down the road. I looked at the clock again it displayed 18:31.

I settled back into my cocoon and resumed reading about Lorna Doone, John Ridd and his family. But I couldn’t concentrate on it, try as I might I couldn’t stop looking the clock and wondering where Hugs was now. 18:50...19:00...19:15...19:20... parking the car or walking to the restaurant. Then 19:35...in the restaurant, has he met her yet? 19:50...have they ordered food or are they having a drink. 20:00... I’ve decided to leave the speculation out, I’ll only get upset. I’m going to make a determined effort to get back into the life of Lorna Doone and see where that leads me. I'm sure when he gets back he'll tell me all about it, and her.

Last edited by ELINA; 21-11-2020 at 09:03 PM.
Old 21-11-2020, 08:03 PM
Administrator

It's all looking really exciting Elian and only on page two, can't wait to read more

Holly
Old 21-11-2020, 10:00 PM

what a wonderful story , must buy to morrows paper

love Lisa xxx
Old 22-11-2020, 12:18 AM

great new chapter can't wait to hear how the meeting went.
i wonder if moving to the bedroom was a good idea or not, it seems hugs does a lot of going up and down.

carly snugglemore