Forums  

Go Back   Forums > Faults We Find On Car Management Systems.

Old 23-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Administrator

Angry P0234 on Audi A3 2.0 TDI 07 plate.

In this thread we will take a look at code P0234 and how to deal with it.

First of all your scan tool may come up with no info for this code, the Audi code is 00564 and is in fact Turbocharger TC engine boost condition limit exceeded.

Note, this code is also used for the supercharger.

When I say the complaint is that the turbo will close down, switch off and the turbo will start to boost again, some of you will know what to do.

Here is a run down of how and what to test, the fault canbe many things but start with the tubo wastgate and sticky vain test first.

The code is that saying that the boost is out of it's range at times, take a note of whan and how the ECM is closing down the turbo, and how quick and at what speeds and loads

Remove the under tray and the pipe from the wastgate actor, fit a vacuum pull gauge.

The more you know the less you know!!
Old 12-07-2018, 05:35 PM
Administrator

Look for full movement of the turbo arm, without any jerking, you should also have vacuum hold, pump vacuum to around 18 hg of vacuum min:, the full movement should be at around 15 hg, and the arm should fully return at zero.

In this case there was no movement and the car will need a new turbo, if it is jerking well moving the vains are sticking in the turbo .
Old 12-07-2018, 11:04 PM

good info once again thanks.

carlys_guy
P.S. i remember seeing some ford rangers in one of your pics either at bobs place,the garage or the farm how do you like them and have you had any troubles with them. i'm thinking of getting rid of my f150 and getting a ranger seems a lot easier to park than the aircraft carrier a f150 is.

Last edited by carlys_guy; 12-07-2018 at 11:08 PM.
Old 13-07-2018, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlys_guy View Post
good info once again thanks.

carlys_guy
P.S. i remember seeing some ford rangers in one of your pics either at bobs place,the garage or the farm how do you like them and have you had any troubles with them. i'm thinking of getting rid of my f150 and getting a ranger seems a lot easier to park than the aircraft carrier a f150 is.
A lot of the farmers have the Ford Ranger over here, from what I know they are not much trouble and good strong truck, and the Toyota is good too

We don't have one, so the photo must have been a customers, it's all Daihatsu fourtracks we have, as Bob and Timbo like them and have had Daihatsu's for many years.

Don't know a lot more myself, but I'm sure when Bob and Timbo look in they can tell you more.
Holly